And that's a wrap! So much for vacations… as this project ended up not skipping a single beat, resulting in 52 solid songs in as many weeks.
What sort of new things did I try out for our finale? Let's take a look:
A unique melodic pattern coming from the Reaktor ensemble 'Molecular Music Box' - a free sequencer that follows a clever note-generation algorithm by the same name - triggering the Air Piano instrument, with effect sends routed to the ValhallaRoom reverb and Cubase's PingPongDelay.
Continuing our algorithmic experiment, the Axon Neuron Sequencer plays another melodic passage via its FM synth engine in the key of D, with its volume slowly automating in and out throughout the piece.
The gritty analog sound of the Retrologue synth with its filter cutoff and resonance modulating up and down, and its output passed through the FreqEcho's "Bode-style frequency shifter" and analog delay effects to form a psychedelic outro.
Key equipment/software used for production:
- Donald Phillips's Molecular Music Box Reaktor ensemble
- Boscomac Air Piano Reaktor instrument
- Audio Damage Axon synth/sequencer plug-in
- Native Instruments Maschine Studio
- ValhallaDSP ValhallaUberMod effect plug-in
- ValhallaDSP ValhallaFreqEcho effect plug-in
- Sugar Bytes Looperator effect plug-in
- 99 Sounds Clap Machine plug-in
Key: D Major
Time Signature: 4/4