There's something about going back to a normal week after a crazy one filled with planning, stressing, and plenty of sweating. It's nice to return to the studio with a clear head. The highlights of this one were:
Drums from Maschine with swing at 8%, starting out with a nice groove that suddenly switches to a half-time beat, layered with glitch noises generated in Ableton Live with the M4L Comber and Granular-To-Go effects.
A sparkling arpeggio from Phonec's 'Submarine' preset, triggered by Cubase's Arpache 5 MIDI insert processing chords I recorded live from my controller keyboard.
Key equipment/software used for production:
- Ers LazySnake electric piano plug-in
- Psychic Modulation Phonec synth plug-in
- iZotope BreakTweaker drum plug-in
- Native Instruments Maschine Studio
- ValhallaDSP ValhallaRoom effect plug-in
Key: D Major
Time Signature: 4/4