Sometimes it's nice to have a week to catch up. And sometimes it's nice to have a new app called WretchUp. See what I did there? Let's see which apps and effects helped this song come to life:
Steinberg's LoopMash FX (included with Cubase) is one I hadn't previously explored, but which quickly proved itself when placed on my Maschine drum channel while automating its time stretching and stutter effects.
WretchUp - the brand new iOS app - provides a backdrop of subtle yet noisy feedback as modulated live on my iPad and recorded directly into a stereo channel; with panning automation applied in post.
The Ondes app is one of my new favorites on the iPad with its lovely modern take on the old Ondes Martenot synthesizer. Played live through the Eventide Space reverb pedal, we end up with a haunting lead melody floating on top of the mix.
Key equipment/software used for production:
- Steinberg Retrologue synth plug-in
- Steinberg LoopMash FX effect plug-in
- WretchUp iOS app
- Ondes iOS app
- Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol / Reaktor Prism synth plug-in
- Native Instruments Maschine Studio
- Eventide Space effect pedal
- ValhallaDSP ValhallaRoom effect plug-in
Key: D minor
Time Signature: 4/4