Did I mention busy weeks? This one saw the release of my debut Pinscape album on Tuesday, which has been a long time in the making. Exciting! But nevertheless, time was made for an especially dramatic Exit Signs song comprised of:
A Reaktor Prism preset called "It Only Ends Once" processed by the ValhallaRoom reverb effect, generating our main synth chord progression.
The Korg MS-20 mini synth - as heard through a rather cheap ART tube preamp - on bass duties.
My favorite Phonec synth plug-in running as an effect on the master bus, utilizing its "tape melt" parameter for that glorious warble sound.
Key equipment/software used for production:
- Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol / Reaktor Prism synth plug-in
- Korg MS-20 mini analog synth
- Psychic Modulation Phonec effect plug-in
- Native Instruments Maschine Studio
- ValhallaDSP ValhallaRoom effect plug-in
Key: D minor
Time Signature: 6/8