It's been a busy week, with my Grandpa's birthday (88!) followed by a Pinscape show here in Portland, but the weekly songs continue. Here's a snapshot of this week's track:
A simple Retrologue triangle wave melody passed through Cubase's native bitcrusher effect; a sound that I've aspired to recreate since first hearing Bjork's stunning 'Desired Constellation'. Different here, but passable.
The endlessly-creative S-Layer Reaktor instrument - with its 'Miniverb' kit passed through some compression and the wild Hysteresis delay/stutter/filter effect - provide our glitch-ified percussion.
Key equipment/software used for production:
- Steinberg Retrologue synth plug-in
- Twisted Tools S-Layer Reaktor ensemble
- Glitchmachines Hysteresis effect plug-in
- Psychic Modulation Phonec synth plug-in
- Native Instruments Maschine Studio
- ValhallaDSP ValhallaShimmer reverb plug-in
Key: C# Major
Time Signature: 4/4