So, summer is done. And along with it goes my ambition to document these songs in excruciating detail and prose. We're in the final stretch of the 2014 song-a-week project, so how about we simplify things a bit and focus on one or two techniques or sounds from which I got the most value while producing each of them?
This week - the second official week of autumn - I got some serious mileage out of the following:
A Reaktor Prism preset called 'Amiga Wobble' for the main melodic passage, with some subtle automation of its filter parameters throughout the track.
Chopped up segments of BreakTweaker-generated microedits, arranged on 3 individually-panned channels and routed to a group channel with additional filtering and delay processing.
Key equipment/software used for production:
- Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol, Reaktor Prism preset
- Audio Damage Phosphor synth plug-in
- Psychic Modulation Phonec synth plug-in
- iZotope BreakTweaker drum plug-in
- Native Instruments Maschine Studio
- ValhallaDSP ValhallaRoom effect plug-in
Key: C# Major
Time Signature: 4/4