This past weekend saw the release of Fall Phase, the final seasonal compilation of my weekly songs. Delayed a bit by the rush of the new year overtaking every precious spare moment, but now mastered and ready for your ears... free on BandCamp, of course!
'Twas a fun yet challenging project and - while I had the occasional delusion of continuing on the weekly release schedule indefinitely - I'm now looking forward to trying some new things. A few ideas involving remixes are in the works... so stay tuned, dear listeners.
The final seasonal album - Fall Phase - is coming soon, but in the meantime let's kick our feet up and relax for a bit with a look back on this year of so, so many songs:
We did it, folks. Fifty-two straight weeks in 2014, with fifty-two free songs for your ears. The fall season tends to be quite beautiful in the northwest, and its chilly days lend plenty of time for inspiring sessions in the studio; endlessly exploring new sounds to delight the ears. I did exactly that, and pressed through until the final days recording what I think are some fairly magical creations.
Let's take a look at some stats from this year's project:
- Total number of songs: 52
- Total duration of songs: 3 hours, 33 minutes, 12 seconds
- Average song length: 4 minutes and 6 seconds
- Shortest song: Week Forty-Seven at 2 minutes, 32 seconds
- Longest song: Week Eleven at 7 minutes, 15 seconds
- Most commonly used instrument: Native Instruments Maschine Studio drum software/controller
- Most commonly used effect: ValhallaDSP Room reverb
- Most inspiring instrument: Tie between the Psychic Modulation Phonec soft synth & the Korg MS-20 mini analog synth
- Most inspiring effect: Native Instruments / Tim Exile's The Finger Reaktor-based glitch processor
Thank you so much for following along throughout the year, and I hope you enjoy the resulting 4 albums worth of music!